Tuesday, February 2, 2010

New Year, New Box; Alla Prima Pochade!



My Alla Prima Pochade came in the mail the other day- Ben Hagget, an avid plein air painter himself, builds these in his shop, and I must say it's suuper nice. Lots of clever design solutions. The palette setup is a little different than what Im used to, but hopefully having my raw paint and my mixing paint in completely different areas will make my colors at least a little less muddy. The thing I like best is the wet canvas storage in the lid- not that I ever could paint so much, but I think I could store up to 8 wet panels in there if I needed to. Awesome!
Got to the painting workshop really late the other night, but I think the new box setup is gonna work out well.
Check out Ben's site http://allaprimapochade.com
I got the bigger Yellowstone model because I need as much palette space as possible- but all three sizes are amazing bits of craftsmanship. Thanks to JimmyG for referring me to Ben's Alla Prima Pochades!

No comments:

Post a Comment